Two of the top questions I get asked is “how do I style my open shelving” and “how do I style my nightstand”. Well.. I am here today to give you some tried and true, can’t go wrong, always looks great suggestions for styling your nightstands. Typically, with design, there are a few general guidelines to follow and then the rest is where you just have fun with it! If you follow these steps below – you can play around with colors, patterns, and styles and it will most always “work”!
Nightstand Styling Option 1
Nightstand Styling Option 2
Nightstand Styling Option 3
Nightstand Styling Tips
1. Use a mirror behind your table lamp. It gives a beautiful layered look to your design as well as gives the most stunning reflective glow in your bedroom.
2. FLOWERS! Flowers, whether real or faux, are my GO TO design accessory. A perfect addition for your night stand.
3. Frame your favorite family photo and place it right on your night stand! If you want to add height to any of your nightstand items – place a book underneath it! Use one with a cute spine for an added design flare!
4. Place all those odds and ends inside a cute jar!
5. Another go to design accessory of mine is a candle. You absolutely can not go wrong! Just make sure to blow it out before bed! 🙂
6. Place a piece of artwork (similar to that of the mirror) behind your table lamp. This is a really good way to add more color and pattern to your room!
7. Not sure what to do with those collectibles? Do you have lots of items you have from travels that are meaningful to you – but don’t really match the vibe of the rest of your home!? Your nightstand is the perfect place for those!